Dekair Member Records and Information
Before you contact Dekair for records or information, first see if the information you are seeking is publicly available or request the records directly from the relevant Dekair member.
Dekair Requires Valid Legal Process
Legal process must contain enough identifying information so that Dekair can identify the member’s account. A common name, for example, does not uniquely identify a member’s account. Your legal process should include information such as an email address, transaction ID or payment information.
Serving Dekair with Legal Process
All requests for member information must be made with valid and sufficient legal process and should be provided to Dekair by emailing a copy to email@example.com
If your request for information involves an emergency involving a danger of death or serious physical injury to a member of the Dekair community or any member of the public, please contact your local law enforcement. If you are a law enforcement officer seeking information relating to such an emergency, please email firstname.lastname@example.org from your official email address and provide the following:
- Your name and title, the government agency you work for, and your full contact information (government email address, phone number, and fax number);
- A summary of the facts about the emergency situation, including how the situation poses a danger of death or serious physical injury to an Dekair member or any person;
- The identity of the person or people who are in danger;
- The specific records sought and how they relate to the emergency; and
- Why legal process cannot be obtained and the records must be disclosed without delay.
Notice to the Member Whose Records Are Sought
When Dekair receives legal process seeking records or information about an Dekair member, Dekair may provide notice to that member, including a copy of the legal process. Dekair may also allow the member enough time to appear and object to the legal process in court, if necessary.
Requests for Witness Testimony
Dekair does not provide expert witnesses for trial or deposition. When Dekair produces records, we provide a standard records custodian declaration of authenticity. A live testimony by a records custodian is unnecessary because the records are self-authenticating.
Dekair may seek reimbursement for our costs directly incurred in searching for, assembling, collecting, and preparing records or information for production.